Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beautiful

I have been begged, pleaded to write about my girlfriend. She blogs all the time about me. Yesterday I was told that I didn't write about my side of the story that I would meet the fury of many people. Really a petition people?
I seen Odette for the first time a couple of months after she moved away from Huntsville to come live in Tuscaloosa to attend the University of Alabama. It was a Christmas party and she was talking to my ex. I was introduced to her. Her eyes captivated me (like they do many people.) She was talking about how much she loved Christmas and what she had always wanted for Christmas: A charm bracelet.

I honestly placed her out of my mind after that. I went about doing things my way and dealing with things my own way. I was finally in the Navy. I had changed. I was a lot stronger. I kept parts of my ways the same. I thought I was settling down with a girl that had been a part of my past. Her dad and I got along really well and I was excited because I thought the baby she was carrying was mine. Then God intervened and pretty slammed his fist down and said "Punishment for having sex before marriage, not your baby."
I was distraught. I went through days where I really don't know what was said to me. I had bought that baby everything, sang to it, and loved on it. God was right however, I didn't love the mother. Having a child and not loving the mother is ridiculous. I had to watch my baby brother get the glory of what I had always wanted. I shut myself off from the world.
God's timing and plans are always better than our own. I was so frustrated one night that I went for a drive and I was starving. Stopping at a Jimmy John's and getting my usual sounded normal enough. Then God chuckled and placed an angel in the courtyard outside Jimmy John's. I was very depressed at this point. I didn't want to eat the food that I just bought and I got a message saying Frankie, my triplet, wasn't doing well. I just sort of slumped on the table.
That annoying feeling you get when someone is watching you? I felt it and I lifted my head off the table to a girl with her head cocked to the side and eyebrow raised. Her tiny accent comforted me by saying my name in almost a whisper. A small smile crossed her face as I nodded. I scooted over to get a good look at her. She whispered again asking if I was ok. I felt stupid. A complete stranger was asking if I was ok. Then I couldn't help I had every emotion hit me. I wasn't ok. Since she was a friend of my childhood friend who has huge mouth I was sure she knew what I was going through.

She broke apart of her cookie and gave it to me. Cookie... That made me think of my brother and I just started rambling. She didn't interrupt with the boring Ohs or Yeahs or the worst Ahs. She just nodded encouragingly. We sat there for hours. I realized I was keeping this girl from whatever she was working on (she had notebooks out in front of her) and it was late. She placed her hand over my arm and I know my eyes widened and she retreated her hand. I wasn't happy I was just amazed that her touch didn't bother me when in the past days I hadn't wanted anyone to touch me.
She laughed as I finished my food quickly and she gathered up her things. I didn't want her to go. I walked her to her car. I blurted out that I wanted to repay her. There was that raised eyebrow again from her. "For?" I told her that she had listened to me and I know I was boring. She smiled and looked down and finally said she would.
We had a great first date. I knew she had lived in France for awhile and so I knew she would appreciate wine, cheese, a few meats, and fruit picnic. We both did. She was so quiet, but at the same time she was so easy to talk to about things I don't think I have ever talked about with someone especially on the first date. We slow danced while watching the sun go down in the woods. I found out how religious she was and how close she was to her dad.

We had several dates after that and we weren't like most couples. We had been dating for weeks and not kiss on the lips. I had met her dad. I liked her dad a lot. That is a man that cares about his daughter and wasn't ready to let anything happen to her. I can respect that. He had hidden her from most boys and made her fear them. Another thing I can respect because I more than likely will be like that. I was honest with him the first time I met him. My passed was messed up. Her dad took that opportunity and told me. "My daughter's heart is all about God. A man must first get to know God before becoming hers." He wasn't mad or angry. He was smiling as he said that. God? God and I hadn't talked in a year or so. The thought was there.
She invited me to church. Keep in mind I was driving all over North Alabama to date this girl. I lived in Fort Payne and she lived in Huntsville. Which made me feel worse thinking about that first night and we were in Guntersville and she had to drive back that far. I didn't care. This girl was so sweet and gentle and yet she was unmoving about God. She would (and still does) wrinkle her nose in disgust of gay marriage and relationships. She actually said that she wouldn't continue to date me if I didn't go to church. Let me make this clear I was dating her without being her boyfriend. We were free to date other people. Neither of us felt it neccessary to date other people.
On May 29th (her birthday) I asked her to be my girlfriend and giving her a charm bracelet with the charms below:



I felt like I was king of the world. Her dad and I made a plan for she and I to go to Ireland and France. I had never been to France before this idea came into play but her dad assured me that he had full confindence Odette could handle talking to people and knew her way around Paris. We got to see my all time favorite band Westlife in concert. I kept my arms around her the entire time and sang in her ear to some of them.
We had to sleep in the same bed in Dublin. And I put all of my pillows between us because the place was small and there was a straight back chair that she refused to let me sleep in. Not to mention the rest of the rooms were sold out because of the concert. We spent part of the next day in London. She got to go to King's Cross and I loved watching the excited wash over when she grabbed the cart at platform 9 3/4.
Paris for us was amazing. She got to meet her mother's mother for the first time in her life. I have to thank Odette's cousin Constance for helpig me with that one. Time passes though.
Our first kiss... I was nervous. I knew she had never been kissed before in her life. I managed a plan. It was a lot like our first date. A picnic, music, and candle light except it was at the park. I was waltzing her around and dipped her. I seen something I never seen before in anyone else's eyes. Trust and faith. She believed in me and trusted as well. I kissed her.

During the travels and the milestones I surrended my life over to God in June. Steve and Aurora's wedding was when I decided that I didn't want to hold onto the baggage anymore. She was with me when all of the sudden I hit my knees in the middle of the beach and cried. I know I scared her to begin with while I was on my knees crying. She finally realized what I had done and knelt down beside me putting her arms around me.
But enough about one time events...
Odette stands before me and I just stare in awe. She keeps up her appearance. She reads Emily Post almost daily to stay up to date on manners. She reads the Bible Daily. She holds down 4 jobs and does all of this almost effortlessly. She is so independent. She works for what she has. She gets mad when I insist on paying. She is so innocent. Our first kiss, well it was her first one ever.
I get dazed by her. She will be working on a blog or something on her laptop and be deep in thought with her glasses on and I can't help but smile while she bites on her lip. Speaking of lip biting.. We read 50 Shades of Grey together and she wasn't able to understand a lot of it so I helped her through it. I was afraid that her nose would turn up, but it didn't. She was more intrigued than anything.
We have rules in our relationship. Nothing like you can't see that friend or you can't do this or that. It's rules that help us grow as a couple and as individual beings. We pray together is the best rule that we have. We don't kiss or hug when we first see each other. We grab hands and pray. I love watching those eyes open and look up at me. I lose my sense to breath.
I have known women all of my life. Odette is unlike any woman I have come across yet. She isn't impressed with the money, car, or job. Well she is but not like others. She is impressed when I come over at night with a bottle of wine and my guitar. She's impressed when I pick my little sister up and swing her around. She is impressed when I show up at the daycare she works for with my guitar and sing to the kids and get them involved.

Many ask how about me and no sex? Well that went out the door when I got saved and baptized. Not for good though. Let me explain. I have read, literally, 32 books about Christian sex. I want Odette to enjoy it the most. God let me to this most gorgeous woman. I have seen her body, but it was complete accident. I felt ashamed the next day. I apologized and tried my hardest to make it up to her. She was shy about it and I finally found out why. Her crazy shy self asked if I liked what I saw. If only I could explain in words how gorgeous I find her. I think it's crazy how she compares herself to my past when I want her for my future.
Yes, Odette will be my future unless the Lord has something else planned for me. Odette is so amazing with children. She can take care of things. She is norturing.
When it's me and Odette I block out the rest of the world until people start butting in with their problems or petty comments. I have to give her away for those minutes and I want her back.
Nothing sexual just want to run my fingers through that warm, silky hair that shines. Press my palms along the spine that is growing stronger and more fierce each week. Rub my toes along the bottom of her feet that she stands on through everything until she hits her knees in prayer. Murmur in the ears that listen to my ramblings. Gently graze my lips across the cheeks that turn pink when I compliment her. Let my other hand find itself twined with her hand. I want to hear that sweet French accent with it's southern twang say my name.
Eat that amazing food that she finds on Pinterest and drink wine. Dance to Frank Sintra, Dorris Day, and Bing Crosby. I fall in love with her over and over. Her vintage style mixed with modern. Her sweaters that she and I can both fit into if we really tried. Her cowboy boots that have actually been on farm while she fed the pigs.

I don't care what other guys say if you selfish needs in a relationship it's not love. My favorite one is still they had went through so much why hurt each other now? Well because in the long that isn't going to be a great reason to get married. My reason for wanting to marry Odette? She made my life come alive and I love her. She has never once let me down and she has never once depressed me. I don't always agree with her but I listen to her and respect her. Just like she does me. We have much more fun that we let the world know we have, fun turns into romance for us. Romance is not sex. It never will be. If romance involves sex than I want no part of it.
I will give the world to Odette if given the chance. That is if she will let me. She is stubborn but so am I. If my plans go accordingly that smile will never fade. I want that smile there all the time. The one where she is letting herself go and living.

I would say Odettte is my life, but she isn't. God placed her in my life. I want the union with her to stay Godly. Because of her I wear a ring that says "True Love Waits", became a second virgin, traveled to France, got saved, and low and behold God is giving me a son. No Odette isn't pregnant. She is adopting her little brother because his mom killed herself and Odette's dad is unable to care for him. God has His ways. I couldn't be happier. God gave me here for the ups and downs.
I thank God for her every chance I get. One of her favorite things to say is "What would you have if you were left with the things you thanked God for yesterday?" I smile at her and whisper, "You." It's the truth. God gave me her and I could not ask for more. At the beginning with her and I will be for far longer than forever. I'll rule the world with her for a thousand years. I want to marry her just because the way she is.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online